Thursday 22 November 2012

21 Jump Street


I watched this film last night for the third time, (I know right? I should have watched it more.) I don't think I will get bored of it, it doesn't fail to bring the jokes from start to finish. When it first came out I was worried about it, mostly because .... and any Johnny Depp fan would know, it carries on with the concept of 21 jump street, Johnny Depp's first acting gig. The other reason being Channing Tatum, now as much as I rate him as an actor, I didn't know if he would be able to bring the comedy next to heavy weight Jonah Hill, but he held his own. Channing was every bit of the actor I know him to be, I love that as he's known for such serious film or action films, he was able to adapt to the comedy role so easily and casually, not once did I sit there and think; Oh wow this guy is awkward acting, (because belive me that happens!)


"Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?"
"Well .. you do have the right to be an attorney if you so wish"

Well Jonah Hill's not lying, I mean you do, you can be anything you wish to be. I do like this scene, this film plays out the american stereotype perfectly with Channing being the handsome tall jock dumb guy and Jonah being the smart small weird looking geek guy. I think I love this film because when they do go back to high school, times have changed, Channing is no longer the popular guy with his good looks and muscles, instead it's the eco warriors, vegetarians who seems to be ruling the school. At one point during the film when they walk into the cafeteria, Channing actually says to Jonah; "It's not right, these geeks should not be popular, know know who I blame? Glee!" Ok so that's not the exact quote but it's close enough and you get the point of it. Bottom line Channing's character is right! Glee is to blame but that's fabulous because it's given the underdog a chance to rise up and claim what is rightfully theirs.


This bit is defiantly the funniest bit in the movie, they're on drugs and talking to the football coach, the acting in this scene is so well done although I can't help but wonder how many take this actually took them before the stopped laughing at them self's. I must admit I was surprised at Channing in this scene, if you had read this blog from the start and not just looked at the pictures, you would know that I didn't really see Channing as a comedy actor but his acting in this scene had me laughing so hard that I actually spat the wine I was drinking out of my mouth.

The Stages :





Now, I hate drugs, I think they're the worst thing ever! They make smart people stupid and stupid people dead ... but this drug? This has to be the coolest drug ever, if taken over once of course! If you think about though this drug is pretty much like any teenagers friday night with vodka .... maybe just stick to the vodka and diet coke! Might be a bit safer! Other you'll find yourself doing this with your best friend:


Not nice!
    


Now I know this wasn't just me here, but near the end of the film when Channing and Jonah got out of the limo with the cool geeks and he let of those doves you all thought: "GO KICK ARSE!" because of what had perviously happened you wanted them to win you wanted them to get the bad guys and most of all you were happy that the bromance these two had struck up was back together again! Because you have to have a bromance in a film like this and theirs was the cutest.
In high school Channing wouldn't give Jonah the time of day but in the police academy they used each others strengths, they worked together to form a team, a team that in the end would never be defeated.

This film is for everyone, people who want to laugh, who want to cry, (when you think the bromance is over) and who most importantly ... want to see Johnny Depp in all his sexiness. This film brought the laughs from start to finish and it didn't fail to disappoint and it put my concern to shame.

10/10 for this film and I can't wait to see it again and I'm praying they do another one .... Well if the ending of this film is anything to go by:




 I wont have to wait long. 





No comments:

Post a Comment